Thursday, June 26, 2008

Do you wish you can redo your decision?

So, like I said yesterday, I decided to go north to the Glacier National Park. Apparently, there are two ways to get to the park, using either route 93 or 83. Since I was hoping to see both routes, I decided to take Route 83, then go straight to the park from the western entrance. From the western entrance, I then would use the Logan Pass to go to the eastern entrance, then going to my hotel at Kalispell using Route 2.

Unfortunately, Logan Pass was blocked by snow (in June!) So, I could not see the glacier today. I have the chance to go there tomorrow, but with 3 hour driving time, I don't think I want to go back to Kalispell after that to use Route 93. Moreover, I can go straight from Eastern Entrance to Livingston for 5 hour drive. Well, we'll see how tomorrow goes. If I manage to wake up early and leave eary to the glacier, I may have enough time to actually drive back to Kalispell and using Route 93. In any case, it will be a very long day tomorrow for sure. Now I start thinking this vacation as more of a chore than a simple vacation....

Anyway, here's my route for today:


I can't really complain about the scenery though. Montana in June is pretty nice, though, like I mentioned yesterday, I was struck with how much houses I saw along the way, unlike Wyoming. In fact, I felt like I was back in Ohio area. Anyway, before I rambling too much, on with the pictures.

Too many constructions lately....


Some pictures of Montana:



Is this legal, I mean, putting the sign on top of this rock?







Route 200/83. Like I said, this route is not that bad....



Dunno why I took this picture. I think I know someone who likes this kind of tacky advertisement.








West Entrance to the Glacier Park


The good: the sceneries are wonderful.
The bad: they closed the Logan Pass due to snow
The ugly: Entrance fee: $25, the most expensive I have ever seen. Dunno how much Yellowstone will cost me....






That's all for now. Somehow I found that I took less and less pictures as I go. Either there were few good pictures to take or I simply started to get bored with this trip. Oh well. Let see how this goes tomorrow.

No comments: