Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day Five: Jamming on the Way to Minneapolis (Traffic jam, that is)

Usually I write my blog on the night after I arrive to my destination. This time however, my foot hurt really bad, so I wanted to go to sleep as soon as possible. Thus, the lateness of this blog.

Anyway, route for Day Five:


Goldie: Major Kong, I know you're gonna think this a crazy but I just got a message from base over the CRM 114. It decodes as "There's traffic jam in Wisconsin."
Kong: Goldie, did you say "Traffic jam in Wisconsin?"
Goldie: Yes Sir, I have.
Kong: Goldie, how many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsin' around on the airplane?
Goldie: I'm not horsin' around, sir, that's how it decodes.
Kong: Well I've been to one world fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.


Yup, apparently there's traffic jam in Wisconsin, something that you don't expect to see, especially in Sauk City (Pop: 3109). I was not even sure what was the cause, even after I finally passed the gridlock. It seemed that there were several combination, from road repair to ambulance.

In any case, I don't stop anywhere in this trip, because my right foot hurt really bad. At that point, I really want to arrive to my destination as soon as possible, so there are only few photos this time.

First 30 min: nice, clean road with great scenery.


The jam....





Finally the road cleared upm but not to those who were going to Madison.


Nice sceneries of Wisconsin.





Arriving at Minneapolis. Dinner time at this nice restaurant.


Sorry, not many pictures today. I hope my feet will get better soon and of course, I have to fix my car when I am in Minneapolis.

No comments: